i thought it would be appropriate and very useful for me to list all the things that i think i need to work on in my practice so far (up to mary b).
so from the beginning….
- lift from chaturanga to urdhva mukha svanasana – i still don’t have enough strength to lift myself up. sometimes first couple of suryas i am successful but not throughout the whole practice. i guess this comes with time and with building my muscles
- the above would also explain not having enough strength to put the weight on my arms in order to float from uttanasana b into chaturanga and from adho mukha svanasana into uttanasana b
- my legs are still not perfectly straight in hasta padangusthhasana and pada hastasana but i am getting there
- i am quite happy i have reached the floor in prasarita padottanasana a although i have to spread my legs quite a lot. the same does not happen with b, c and d versions as yet. my arms in c do not go to the floor but i have felt today my arms lowering with breathing into my shoulders and managing to relax them. i think we focus on so much (or at least i do) in order to make a certain pose that our body gets really tense and stressed because we are pushing our muscles. but when you actually tell your muscles ‘relax’, you do relax. incredible! 😉
- utthita hasta padangusthasana – i need assistance for this. i can just about streighten my leg by myself but can’t lower towards it much when doing it by myself. the same goes for all sister poses. utthita parsvasahita is not totally bad – even when i do it unassisted. quite happy with that. i came a long way in a month 😉
- ardha baddha padmottanasana – well, the root of my biggest issue. can’t do half-lotus ;-(
- same goes for ardha baddha padma paschimottanasana
- tirieng mukha eka pada paschimottanasana – i can lower myself quite deeply but need the help of one of the arms (elbows) to stop myself from leaning to the side
- janu sirsasana c – again, crappy one
oh, and yes, mysore class no. 6 was brrrrrilliant 😉